Handmade Austin Women 4th Annual Spring Show
May 2nd and 3rd, 2009
It's the weekend before Mother's Day!
Handmade Austin Women presents the fourth annual Spring Show on May 2nd and 3rd, the weekend before Mother's Day. Handmade Austin Women are dedicated to unique design, and the highest quality in handcrafted work. We organize our show to promote the profound benefits of sustaining women artists at work here in Texas. We support Austin's cottage industry and the growing character of our local, independent economy.
Handmade Austin Women are pleased to announce the 2009 lineup:
- Trisha Allen ~ Uniquely Recycled, Art Cards
- Jenifer Nakatsu Arntson ~ Accessories, Wallets and Handbags
- Jo Bridges ~ Paintings
- Lisa Crowder ~ Studio Jeweler, Metalsmith
- Kathryn Davis ~ Mixed Media Collage Handmade Accessories
- Jamie Jo Fisher ~ Contemporary Art Jewelry
- Laura Freeman* (aka Luna Tart) ~ Ukulele
- Chia Guillory ~ Sunhats, Fashion and Accessories
- Laura Imhoff* ~ Singer Songwriter
- Heather Jarry* ~ Marionettes
- Gabel Karsten ~ Still Life Painting
- Beverly Mangham ~ Art Assemblage and Clay
- Christa Mares ~ Sculptural Crochet
- Melanie Schopper ~ Functional Ceramics
- Cherie Weaver ~ Drawings, Paintings
A family-friendly musical marionette matinee begins every other hour on Saturday. Live music plays on Sunday. Both days we offer complimentary tea and coffee service. Additionally, the Ginko Studios gardens will be open for viewing. Our show grounds are handicapped accessible, but call ahead for special-access arrangements.
For information, (512) 293-9505 or see us online at: www.handmadeaustinwomen.com
Handmade Austin Women
Spring Show 2009
Hosted by: Ginko Studios
Located at: 800 Gullett St.
Austin, TX 78722
This event is supported in part by Women and Their Work. Please visit www.handmadeaustinwomen.com for more information.