Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Norfolk Craft Mafia TV Debut!



The Norfolk Craft Mafia is making our TV debut! We (we being myself and Amanda) filmed a little segment this morning with Vanessa Coria from WVEC Channel 13 about handmade gifts and the Norfolk Craft Mafia!



I got an email last week from Vanessa saying that she was doing a story about holiday gift giving on a budget, she had stumbled across our website and wanted to do a segment about handmade! With a trembling voice I called Amanda and blurted out, "Do ya wanna be on TV?!?!" We decided to do it and I called all the mafia troops together to get some great handmade items to show off.



We filmed it all at Amanda's house this morning. Here she is getting mic'd up like a pro.



Vanessa and her cameraman (I'm so embarrassed I don't remember his name) were consummate professionals and made us feel totally at ease.



We had an awesome showing from our mafia members, who rallied so quickly to get me their lovely handmade items! We had mixed media collage by Jeannine, handmade plush and a quilted pillow by Cassie, more plush and accessories by Charmaine, pottery by Ashley, knitwear by Tasha, everything from tissue cozies to hair clips to plush by Amanda and also a few of my doggie items.

It was a great experience and I'm so glad we had the opportunity. The story will air next Friday, October 19th on WVEC Channel 13 as part of their Daybreak show. Vanessa's segment is at 5:23 and 6:24 a.m. We will post the video as soon as it's online!

See more pictures from the filming right here!

2 comments:

Petaluma Craft Mafia said...

Your house is adorable... a great back drop for the darling crafty items. Way to go and I like the idea for this segment.

p.s. Why is it T.V. news anchors always look so alarmingly poised and put "together?" Not a hair out of place. Sighh. Maybe in my next life. ;)
Congrats!

Jess said...

Awesome! Way to go!